With the season of gratitude upon us, it seemed fitting to prepare a simple list of journaling prompts to remind you of all that is good in your life.
- Strengths + Talents. Make a list of five personal strengths or talents. Then write a few sentences about the opportunities provided by each one.
- Your Body. Stand nude in front of a mirror and observe your body from head to toe. Take your time. Consider all the bits for which you are grateful and then write about them.
- People. Make a list of ten people who bring you joy, who inspire you, who guide you, who empower you. Then take the time to send each of them a little handwritten note of gratitude.
- Silver Lining. Think of a situation in which things did not work out the way you’d hoped. Then reflect on why you are grateful for things turning out the way they did.
- Things. Make a list of five things you adore and appreciate. Then reflect on the story behind each one and how it serves you.
- Companion Animals. Think of your companion animal(s) and reflect on all the ways in which they bring you joy and healing.
- Work. Make a list of ten things about your job (or its benefits) for which you are grateful.
- Convenience. Consider a convenience for which you are grateful and reflect on those who make it possible.
- Change. Make a list of ten small things you could change about your lifestyle to better express your gratitude toward humans, animals, or the environment.
- Growth. Think about your life a year ago. Then reflect on the personal growth between then and now for which you are grateful.
As for me, I am grateful for the countless incredible women in my life, for the opportunity to explore and express my inner self through creative avenues, and for the bees and the worms and all the other creatures nourishing our existence.