It’s been a year since I launched Goodall Creative and this space has encouraged me to create more consistently than I would have without it. While my insecure and perfectionistic self sometimes wonders where this is all going and if it will go anywhere at all, my ambitious and optimistic self knows that this year and its lessons have all been a part of my creative process and progress.
At the end of the month, I will be moving to Portland, Oregon, and settling down for a bit. While a nomad at heart, there is also a part of me that craves the community, consistency, and comfort found in a stationary lifestyle. My spirit is a whimsical one, and I like it that way. But right now it is yearning for balance, slowness, groundedness.
As I embark on the second year of Goodall Creative and the inevitable inspiration of summer, I want to be mindful of how I cultivate my life and this space. Something I have been reminded of this past year is my overwhelming desire to work with my hands, to live simply and deeply, to create authentically and with focused precision. And while I am grateful for the benefits of technology, I have also been reminded of my need to use it sparingly and with purpose.
That said, I will be spending the summer growing my vision for this space—the hopeful outcome a balance between all that is meaningful to me in the tangible, palpable, and digital worlds.
••• Ideas for Slow Living •••
To celebrate the anniversary of Goodall Creative and my intention for this next phase, I’ve curated a list of my favorite posts on slow and mindful living:
- 10 Gratitude Journaling Prompts: A simple list of journaling prompts to remind you of all that is good in your life.
- Slow Reading: On being a slow reader + embracing all that comes with.
- Reflections on Solitude: On the perception of being alone + rethinking how we represent a solitary lifestyle.
- The Meaning of Mending: On the meaning of mending + 5 ideas for consuming (and caring) more consciously.
- The Muse of Literal Listening: On the community and creativity fostered in literal listening + 5 ideas for developing your own practice.
- 10 Everyday Journaling Practices: On 10 everyday journaling practices that deepen reflection, encourage growth, and inspire creativity + productivity.
- The More You Simplify: On the process of simplifying + 10 ideas for cultivating your own less-is-more lifestyle.
- Letters to Loved Ones: On the lost art of hand letter writing + 3 benefits to sending a little snail mail.
What rituals and practices help you slow down?